Telephone Hybrids - HY-03 - Series (Analogue)
HY-03 Telephone Hybrid
The analogue HY-03 telephone hybrid is the replacement for the HY-02, which for many years has set the standard as an excellent value, high quality telephone hybrid.
The HY-03 retains many of the features of the HY-02 and adds some additional ones. Some of the features of the HY-03 include :
- Fully automatic - adapts to varying line conditions and has automatic signal limiting.
- Local and remote line hold switching - calls can be remotely switched through a mixing console.
- Momentary or permanent latching remotes can be enabled.
- Balanced mic/line input - 10k ohm balanced input selectable for 0dBu clean feed line, or microphone level with adjustable gain.
- Balanced output - 0dBu low impedance balanced output, with output gain adjustment.
- Mixed output - the output can be a mix of the caller and mic/line input signals for recording both sides of the telephone conversation.
- Integrated ring detector - automatic call answering after a pre-determined number of rings.
- Fitted with K-break disconnect detection as standard with an option for dial-tone disconnect using the optional HY-03DTD board. The HY-03DTD board can be configured to disconnect on recognizing the dial tone used in a specific country.
- Line limiter, bandpass filter and output noise gate with preset threshold providing low distortion crystal clear audio.
- 28dB typical line balance rejection.
- Built in power supply with switchable 115V, or 230V, mains input.
- BABT approval compliant with European PTT specifications.
Which Format Is Most Suitable?
The HY-03 analogue hybrids are available in three models :
- HY-03 Single free-standing automatic analogue TBU.
- HY-03S Single 19” rack mounted automatic analogue TBU with ringing detector.
- HY-03T Twin 19” rack mounted automatic analogue TBU.
What The Press Said:The Guardian, February 2012 >
|Input Impedance - Line Mode (Clean Feed):||10kΩ balanced 0dB|
|Input Impedance - Microphone Mode:||2kΩ balanced|
|Clean Feed Limiting Input:||+4dBu|
|Microphone Level Range:||From 74dB to 40dB adjusted by preset pot|
|Bandwidth to Telephone Line:||250Hz - 4kHz, -3dB ref 1kHz|
|Telephone Line Impedance:||Nominally 600Ω|
|Telephone Line Impedance Range:||300Ω to 1500Ω|
|Output Impedance:||50Ω balanced floating 0dBu|
|Output Level Range:||+8dB to -14dB adjusted by preset pot|
|Rejection Ratio:||45dB on 1kHz tone, typically 28dB on complex waveforms, reference peak level of 0dB|
|Ring Detector Sensitivity:||1 ring to 6 rings|
|Power:||230V 50Hz, or 115V 60Hz. 6W for HY-03.|
|Mic/Line Input:||XLR 3 pin female with push button mic/line selection|
|Line Output:||XLR 3 pin male|
|Telephone Line:||RJ11 6/4 socket|
|Telephone Handset/Instrument:||RJ11 6/4 socket|
|Remotes:||9-way D-type socket|
|Power:||IEC mains (CEE22)|
|Each unit is supplied with 1 x RJ11 to RJ11 telephone line lead, 1 x RJ11 to BT plug telephone line lead, 1 x BT handset socket to RJ11 plug adapter, IEC mains lead fitted with moulded mains plug, handbook and warranty card.|
Total Gross Weight
|HY-03||Automatic analogue TBU, free standing||
|*Depth is measured from the front to the end of the connectors fitted to the back of the unit.
Note: If you are ordering the HY-03 for use in the USA, add the word “US” after the product code. If you are using the HY-03 with the Broadcast Bionics PhoneBox system, then add the word ”BB” after the product code. The HY-03 uses different circuitry for these systems.
|HY-03DTD||Dial tone detect add-on board|
|HY-03CON||Front panel conversion kit, HY-03S 19” (48cm) rack-mount front to HY-03 free standing|
|HY-03SCON||Front panel conversion kit, HY-03 free standing to HY-03S 19” (48cm) rack-mount front|
|HY-03TCON||Front panel conversion kit, HY-03 or HY-03S, to HY-03T 19” (49cm) rack-mount front|
|HY-02EC||Eurocard version of HY-02 analogue TBU (non RoHS)|