Reference Monitor Firmware Versions
- Significantly improves the sound in the newer products. It's recommended for download by anyone using the RM-2S4, RM-4C8 and RM-2S10 products. The hardware was redesigned in 2015 with a new speaker system and this upgrade utilizes a number of features in the unit, including the built-in 5 band parametric EQ, to enhance the sound output. By adjusting the crossover point, adding 5 more EQ filters (10 in total), altering input levels dynamically, adding/removing EQ at critical points and redesigning the limiter output gain section, the audio has been given a flatter, more even, response together with more depth and clarity. The firmware is available now and can be installed on all products, although the new changes will only be automatically applied on systems using the new speaker system.
- Fixed LR swapping on meters for digital inputs when meter modifiers disabled.
- Improved volume control and now fully mutes when pot is turned hard left.
- Audio not routed correctly on bootup under certain circumstances.
- Incorrect DSP code loaded for older units.
- New serial command EBV to retrieve SDI expansion version information.
- New remote option to disable Asynchronous audio support in SDI expansion card.
- Serial number test for dual DSP load for old or new speaker set.
- Added "Double boot" procedure added due to lock-ups.
- Modified limiter (diff gain for HP and Speakers) for new speaker setup.
- Updated Fixed EQ for new speaker setup.
- Added AES Digital PPM (SMPTE RP.0155) Meter Ballistic option.
- Existing AES Digital PPM meter amber section now starts at -18dBFS.
- Updated for new RM-HD1 and RM-HDE1 expansion cards.
- Bug fix
- German PPM meter option: Adjusted red section start from +6dBu to +7dBu
- Digital output channel status is now correct
- Added option to enable/disable remote volume/balance control
- Fixed Alarm Hi and Lo timeout duration
- Unit state is now stored before updating unit
- Updated German PPM metering scale
- Fixed underflow in German PPM metering during digital silence
- Added German PPM metering option. This changes the full-scale level to +15dBu
- Added audio delay control (RM-HD1 only)
- Added speaker but control
- Added line-out cut control
- Fixed EEPROM address bug
- Fixed Nordic PPM metering error. Red sections starts at +6dBu
- Added additional metadata info
- No “mutes” during EQ update
- Dolby release
- Fixed bug for selecting 2nd stereo pairs in groups 3&4 on SDI expansion board
- Added Remote Speaker Mute, set via GPI3 on Remote Port
- Compatible with SDI expansion card
- Added Analogue Signal Present indication for Serial Port (uses LCK:)
- Numerous changes made to improve EQ and SCI compatability
- Modified SRQ return to reflect remote Dim & Mute
- Added space command for unused E2PROM : zeroes unused memo
- Added support for 4 meter expansion board
- Initial Release